SEW is the # 1 Energy and Water Cloud Platform, providing cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for Digital Customer Engagement, Field Workforce Engagement, and Smart AI / Machine Learning to the Energy and Utility sector. We help utilities improve their customer service, operational efficiency, and maximize return on investments through the SEW platform applications leveraging the mobile, AI, Machine Learning and Cloud technologies.
Searching for your dream job? At SEW, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world use energy & water and become part of our innovative and talented team!.
We are on a path of aggressive growth and to scale our business into a dominant global software-as-a-service company, we are seeking a Director of Accounting for our team. This individual will play a critical role in driving SEW’s accounting operations, financial strategy and future success.
This role provides an exciting growth opportunity for a hands-on, self-starting and growth minded individual who will be responsible for developing scalable accounting processes and build a team to support our global business while contributing to future business strategy working closely with the executive team.
- Lead and manage the day-to-day accounting processes.
- Manage accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and revenue recognition/deferred revenue.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing to customers; assist in collections process.
- Assist with developing proper written accounting controls and processes.
- Ensure accuracy/appropriateness of activity recorded in the general ledger via timely preparation and review of monthly reconciliations and analyses related to balance sheet accounts.
- Periodic review of standard accruals to determine if adjustment is necessary based on trended activity.
- Manage month-end closing process with the focus on a best-in-class accounting close while assisting Finance with flux analysis explanations.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable recording and processing.
- Review of Accounts Payable voucher packages for proper approval and coding.
- Identify areas for process improvements and efficiencies and communicate these opportunities to senior management.
- Review non-routine transactions, determine accounting treatment, and develop necessary policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership, training and development to the team and our financial infrastructure to keep up with the demands of the business.
- Coordinate and manage internal and external financial and banking audits with related parties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field. CPA a plus.
- Blend of public account experience (ideally Big 4 background) and private industry experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance principles.
- 10 plus years of work experience in Accounting.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions.
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations in order to meet deadlines.
- High degree of proficiency with NetSuite, Excel, and Google Suite.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous simultaneous priorities.
- High energy, independent thinker, high ownership of work product and dedication and commitment to driving results.
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!.
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid.
- Generous Paid Time Off plan.
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match.
- Beautiful Irvine /Newport Beach office in a great location, with stunning views.
- Conveniently located close to public transportation.
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!.
*Smart Energy Water is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.