SEW is the # 1 Energy and Water Cloud Platform, providing cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for Digital Customer Engagement, Field Workforce Engagement, and Smart AI / Machine Learning to the Energy and Utility sector. We help utilities improve their customer service, operational efficiency, and maximize return on investments through the SEW platform applications leveraging the mobile, AI, Machine Learning and Cloud technologies.
Searching for your dream job? At SEW, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world use energy & water and become part of our innovative and talented team!.
The Cloud Engineer is responsible to design, install, administer, and optimize Microsoft Windows servers and related components to achieve and maintain high performance of business applications. Monitoring and maintaining the platform network, servers, storage, databases, and telecommunications equipment in data centers. The engineer will team up with different divisions to trouble shoot when issues are identified across the technology stacks above; track all exception events and work to quickly resolve these exceptions or escalate to the appropriate next-level support team.
The Cloud Engineering team is divided into three critical divisions: Infrastructure, Data Center and Security. This teams’ responsibility is to ensure the availability, stability, and integrity of SEW’s enterprise network. This is achieved by collaborating with the Application and Network Architecture team to develop and in utilizing standardized reference architectures, standardized documentation, lifecycle models, operational support models and leading the implementation activities on the SEW networks.
SEW’s datacenter footprint is constantly growing to adapt to the vast amount of new services we provide to utilities all around the globe. This division works alongside many cutting-edge public cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure, Bluemix and Rackspace) and our own private cloud. This results in a dramatic scaling challenge that the team must deal with on a daily basis. Not only this team needs to build and evolve the physical infrastructure that connects myriads of servers together, but also ensure that the network is running smoothly and meets strict performance goals. In addition, this team will lead the implementation activities in the installation, maintenance, support, and optimization of all Datacenter network hardware, software, and communication links.
SEW is committed to the security of all of its internal technology and product offerings. This division will play a key role in ensuring that these technologies are designed and developed with the highest degree of security in mind. In addition, this division requires collaboration with developers, Data center engineers, and other stakeholders to ensure correct design, development, and implementation of our infrastructure.
- Power shell expertise (advanced or expert).
- Experience on Python scripting.
- Working knowledge on Nimble/EMC DD.
- Working experience on Veeam and Avamar.
- Experience in a rapidly-changing, mission-critical, highly-regulated medium-sized enterprise.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Able to work alone or as part of a team equally well.
- Thrives in a culture of accountability.
- Owns issues to resolution.
- Excellent problem resolution approaches and critical thinking skills.
- Deftly balances time between projects and operations.
- Performs on-call duties as assigned.
- VMware experience (VSphere 5.5, 6.0).
- Basic knowledge of CISCO routers and switches.
- Knowledge of Switching and internet routing technologies. Network Monitoring tools and protocols.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware, Veeam, Nimble, Cisco, Dell, and Oracle.
- Code JSON to make VPC's, DHCP Option Sets, Control Environments, Backup Regions.
- Implement Terraform to leverage Infrastructure as a code on various public clouds.
- Serve as lead on network projects and participate in network infrastructure design.
- Experience with AWS/GCP Plan, Design, Configuration and implementation of new Cloud Environments for optimal Cap Ex and Op Ex.
- Experience with Vulnerability Management tools.
- Experience with Data Center contracts’.
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career and opportunities with us will, too!.
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid.
- Quarterly Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation.
- Beautiful Irvine /Newport Beach office in a great location, with stunning views.
- Conveniently located close to public transportation.
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns.
- Access to gym and other discounts and employee perks!.
*Smart Energy Water is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.